11. Which formal document describes the project’s goals, purpose, composition and project lifecycle to be used and is created by the project sponsor?
a) Business case
b) Project charter
c) Vision statement
d) Initiation document
ANSWER : B
Explanation: "The Project charter is a formal document that describes the project’s goals, purpose, composition and project lifecycle to be used. It is not considered complete until we receive a formal sign off from the project sponsor. "
12. According to Kano model, which of the following are minimal requirements for customer satisfaction?
b) Linear features
ANSWER : C
Explanation: Threshold features are the must have features in the product. They must be present in the product to make it successful.
13. There is a conflict between the Product owner and customer over roles and responsibilities. According to you, customer is NOT responsible for -
a) Ensuring that the product does not focus on a subset of users
b) Assuming the requirements of different user profiles
c) Ensuring programmers are pair programming and have collective code ownership
d) Verifying the value of each user story delivered to them
ANSWER : C
Explanation: The customer's primary role is to ensure that he is getting the value of the product that he asked for. The practices that are followed by the team are important bur primarily the responsibility of the customer.
14. Kim and Sarah are working in the same room. Kim is a programmer working on the code while Sarah is having some discussion with Jack. Kim overhears their conversation and gets enough information to know what Jack and Sarah are talking about. What kind of communication is this referred to as?
a) Push communication
b) Pull communication
c) Active Listening
d) Osmotic communication
ANSWER : D
Explanation: Osmotic communication is useful information that is shared informally as the team members overhear each other's conversations. This happens all the time – while writing, talking, reading, we overhear other team members’ information.
15. Which of the following is NOT an agile value?
a) Individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
b) Comprehensive documentation over working software
c) Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
d) Responding to change over following a plan
ANSWER : B
Explanation: Option B states a wrong agile value. The correct version of Agile value is 'Working software over comprehensive documentation.
16. Jack is working on Project Skywalk. Their project aims for software migration at a bank. While performing risk management activities, a major risk that has been identified is attrition of resources. As a strategy to respond to this risk, Jack, with support from Senior Management, provides good increments to his team members. What type of risk response is Jack following?
ANSWER : D
Explanation: Jack is applying the 'Mitigation' risk response strategy. This response seeks to reduce the probability and/or impact of risk event should it occur.
17. Jim is working on a user story which requires some additional feature to be added to it. While coding, he discovers that the original code is not as per the coding standards used in the organization. What should he do?
a) He should not be bothered about the previous code
b) He should discuss with the Product owner and get technical debt added in the product backlog as an item
c) He should start refactoring the module and change the time estimate for the current task
d) Discuss with the other team members and add a new story in the sprint backlog
ANSWER : B
Explanation: He should discuss with the Product owner and get technical debt added in the product backlog as an item. Remember the product backlog is owned by the Product owner.
18. There are four stories in an iteration, with following story points viz. Story 1 – 3, Story 2 –4, Story 3 – 2, Story 4 – 1
If the velocity of the iteration is 8, which stories can be included in the iteration?"
a) Stories - 1,2 and 4
b) Stories - 1,2 and 3
c) Stories - 2,3 and 4
d) None of the above
ANSWER : A
Explanation: The summation of the story points for stories 1,2 and 4 is 8, which is equal to the velocity of the iteration
19. As 3 out of 5 team members have left the team, Jack has suggested that they should cancel the current sprint. He is one of the oldest employees in the organization and has a track record of working hard towards the organization's goals. What happens when the sprint is cancelled?
a) The completed Sprint Backlog items are evaluated for a release and incomplete items are put back to the Product Backlog
b) The completed Sprint Backlog items are evaluated for a release and incomplete items are discarded
c) The complete Sprint Backlog is put back to the Product Backlog
d) The Scrum Team disbands immediately
ANSWER : A
Explanation: The completed Sprint Backlog items are evaluated for a release and incomplete items are put back to the Product Backlog
20. Your team has 400 points in the backlog and a velocity of 25 points for each two-week iteration. How many iterations are required to complete the project?
a) 16 weeks
b) 20 weeks
c) 40 weeks
d) 28 weeks