1. Why should I register with StarAgile?+
StarAgile is a pioneer training institute and partner of Scaled Agile Inc in providing training with having a decade of experience. They have trained more than 10,000+ candidates and professionals. They provide training through the expert consultants who have experience and advanced level certifications with training knowledge in scrum and agile and other related frameworks.
2. What is SAFe® advanced Scrum Master?+
Advanced SAFe Scrum Master is a certification provided by Scaled Agile Inc. It is a certification for the scrum master to provide relentless improvement and to handle the cross-functional and interdependent teams to facilitate excellent team results in scrum products.
3. Why SAFe® advanced Scrum Master Certification high in demand?+
This is an advanced certification in the scrum and provides various knowledge to achieve excellent results among the scrum teams and facilitate the improvements in areas of products at the team level and enterprise level. Therefore it is in high demand when compared to other scrum certifications. It fosters innovations, improvement in teams, and collaboration within the teams.
4. Career benefits by doing SASM Certification?+
- You become the lead and scrum master in your teams.
- Thus becoming marketable and relevant.
- Your agile value skills make you improve your career growth across industries and enterprises that employ agile values.
- You get the agile mindset and agile skills and values fostering the innovations in scrum teams.
5. What skills you will learn after SAFe® advanced Scrum Master training?+
- Learn to identify and solve the scrum and agile anti-patterns.
- Optimizing the value flow using the engineering and kanban best practices
- Learn to execute the scrum and agile practices at the program and enterprise level
- Drive relentless improvement in the program by fostering advanced coaching and problem-solving techniques
6. Who should take this SAFe® advanced Scrum Master training?+
Those want to become Scrum Master and provide support to relentless improvement in the products and achieve excellent team results through the cross-team interactions and collaboration at the team level and enterprise level.
7. Prerequisites for SAFe® advanced Scrum Master?+
All are welcome to take this certification, however certain and basic knowledge of agile and scrum are recommended. Working knowledge in an agile environment is desired.
8. Certification Process for SAFe® advanced Scrum Master?+
You need to register for a 2-day training by certified institute such as StarAgile
- Understand the contents
- Prepare for the examination.
- Take the online examination and once you pass the exam you will get the certificate as SAFe Advanced Scrum Master.
- You need to take the exam within 1 month of course completion
9. Exam Pattern for SAFe® advanced Scrum Master certification?+
- Multiple choice and multiple select questions
- Duration is 120 minutes
- Total number of questions is 60
- To pass the SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master minimum 42 questions need to be answered correctly that is equal to 70% and to pass the SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master minimum of 44 questions need to be answered correctly that is equal to 73%
- The exam fee is included along with the course fee
- Retake attempt cost is $50
- The first retake can be done immediately after the first attempt, then for the second retake, the waiting period is 10 days. Subsequent retakes the waiting period is 1 month.
10. How many years SAFe® advanced Scrum Master certification is valid?+
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification is valid for 1 year from the date of completing the exam and getting the results. You can renew it every year after collecting some PDUs and paying a nominal renewal fee.
11. What certification will I receive after completing the SAFe® advanced Scrum Master training?+
Soon after the training, you will get a course completion certificate which the training institute offers you authenticating your knowledge.
You need to take the exam and pass to receive the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate from Scaled Agile Inc.
12. Is the SASM Certification fee included in the course fee?+
Yes, the exam fee is included along with the course fee. Additionally, you also get access to training materials, mock tests, and expert help from the training institute.
13. Can someone take SAFe® advanced Scrum Master certification without training?+
2 days of training is mandatory to take this certification exam. It is the mandate fixed by the certifying body and this will ensure your knowledge in advanced SAFe Scrum principles and concepts.
14. What are the benefits of the 1-year membership with Scaled Agile?+
- Guidelines for Certification Usage
- 16 PDU's and SEU's
- A digital Badge from the scaled agile inc
- Access to Performance Tool Enablement
- Access to Performance Tools
- Course slides in the downloadable PDF in black and white
- Professional Development Content
- SAFe community access such as Community of Practice – All
- SAFe community access such as Community of Practice – Role-Based
- Access to SAFe Community Events
- Access to SAFe Community Platform
- Access to SAFe Community Profile
- Access to SAFe Community Webinars
- Access to SAFe Updates
- Insider Monthly newsletter from Scaled Agile
- Monthly Class Blast from Scaled Agile Inc.
- SPC Webinars from Scaled Agile Inc.
- You can purchase the courseware on the Scaled Agile website
15. How should I renew my SAFe® advanced Scrum Master certification?+
You can renew the SAFe advanced Scrum Master certification by providing education efforts in the form of the Professional Development Unit (PDU) and Scrum Education Unit. It requires around 10 PDU to renew your certification annually.
Use the login credentials you received to appear for an online exam with Scaled Agile Inc and update your PDU/SEU points. Once you submit proof for the earned units you need to pay the renewal fee on USD 100 online to extend your certificate validity to another 1-year.
16. How many attempts do I have to pass the SAFe advanced Scrum Master certification?+
Retake attempt cost is $50
- First, retake can be done immediately after the first attempt
- Then for the second retake, the waiting period is 10 days.
- Subsequent retakes the waiting period is 1 month
17. How long does it take to receive SAFe® advanced Scrum Master exam results?+
The exam results are declared immediately after the exam on the computer screen. You can download the e-certificate from the portal.
18. Does Scaled agile offer online classes for SAFe advanced Scrum Master certification?+
Yes, the Scaled Agile through its partners offers online and virtual classes also offers classroom training.
19. What are SEUs and PDUs?+
SEU stands for the Scrum Education Units offered by Scrum Alliance. PDU stands for Professional Development Unit offered by Scaled Agile Inc through the Project Management Institute (PMI). SEU’s and PDU's are required for renewing the certifications. The numbers depend on the type of courses and the exam taken. They are the recognition provided to you for your continuous training and educational efforts provided by you during your agile career. Each 1 hour of your education efforts approximately equal to the 1 PDU or 1 SEU.
20. What does the registration fee include?+
The registration includes the 2 days of mandatory training and exam fee. Also, it offers other benefits such as
- After passing the exam it offers 16 PDU's and 16 SEU's
- Certificate of course completion after the SAFe advanced Scrum Master training course is completed
- Certificate of SAFe Advanced Scrum Master in pdf format after passing the exam
- A digital badge to promote that your certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master accomplishment online
- 1 year of SAFe CoP membership and this includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- Learning resources to the certified members to support their Scrum and Agile journey
- Access to Networking and connecting to the other certified SAFe Professionals through the meetup groups and events