1. Why should I register with StarAgile?+
StarAgile is the pioneer training institute and partner firm to PMI for conducting the CAPM training. StarAgile has over a decade of training experience in the market and has trained around 10,000 + professionals.
2. What is CAPM?+
CAPM stands for Certified Associate in Project Management which is a certification provided by the Project Management Institute. This covers the project preparation, project planning, project execution, project control, project monitoring, and management. It also covers the fundamentals, processes, key concepts, and protocols of project management.
3. Why CAPM certification high in demand?+
CAPM certification is in high demand for the following reasons
- CAPM certification candidates demand a high salary and high growth when compared to other peers.
- The project management skills that the candidates get improves one's credibility and enhances best prospects
- The CAPM certification candidates are recognized by the market and in the industry for their high in-depth knowledge and skills across the domain of the project management.
- CAPM Project management is a niche skill and there is a demand gap in the market for such skills with the CAPM certification.
4. Career benefits by doing CAPM Certification?+
The career benefits of this certification are as follows
- You can become a project manager quickly and apply the skills of project management in the teams
- Apply the project management skills to the day-to-day activities
- Highly Respected and demand high pay, high roles and high growth among the peers in the industry
- Execute complex and large projects in enterprises.
- Control and monitor the budget and project expense-profit ratio
- Able to forecast and mitigate the risks in the projects.
5. What skills you will learn after CAPM Training?+
- Define the roles and responsibility of the teams
- Control and monitor project costs
- Forecast and solve the risks in the project
- Ensure the best quality output from the project
- Prepare, plan, execute, control, monitor and manage the project
- Do the resourcing for the project
- Make budget planning for the project.
6. Who should take this CAPM training?+
The candidates who are beginners or have few years of work experience who want to make a career to new heights in the area of project management, handle large and complex projects, and grow in the project management line are recommended to take the CAPM certification and training.
7. Prerequisites for CAPM?+
The prerequisites for the CAPM certification are as follows,
- Minimum a secondary degree, associate degree, bachelor’s degree and high school diploma or the global equivalent
- Has completed 23 hours of CAPM training in project management from a reputed institute such as StarAgile
8. Certification Process for Certified Associate in Project Management?+
- Register for the 23 hours training on CAPM course with the reputed and partner institute to PMI such as StarAgile.
- Register for the CAPM certification online exam on PMI website
- Attend and pass the exam
9. Exam Pattern for CAPM Certification?+
The exam is an online exam and has multiple choice questions
- Duration for the exam is 3 hours
- Total number of questions is 150 (135 actual and 15 pretest questions)
- Passing score is not disclosed to the public
10. How do you become a CAPM certified professional?+
You need to complete 23 hours of CAPM training with the reputed and partner institute to PMI such as StarAgile
- Take the course and the practice tests provided during the course
- Prepare and revise the course contents
- Register for the CAPM exam and you have 90 days from the day you applied for submitting the documents.
- Receive application completeness status in 24 hours and within 90 days submit documents for audit purposes.
- In 5 to 7 working days, PMI will complete the audit and you need to make a payment to appear for the exam.
- Now you Attend and pass the exam in 1 year from the date your application got approved.
- You can write an exam three times in this one year and pass to get certified.
11. How many years of CAPM certification is valid?+
CAPM certification is valid for 5 years from the date you complete your examination and pass.
12. What certification will I receive after completing the CAPM training?+
You will receive a CAPM course completion certificate after completing the training at StarAgile. To get certified you need to give an examination at PMI.
13. Is the CAPM certification fee included in the course fee?+
No, the CAPM certification is not included in the course fee.
14. Can someone take CAPM certification without training?+
No, it is mandatory to take the 23 hours of training and complete the same. Only then you can register and attend the exam.
15. How should I renew my CAPM certification?+
The CAPM certificate is valid for 5 years and after 5 years you can renew the certification by retaking the CAPM exam. Make a payment of $225 if you are a PMI member and $300 for the non-members. However, there is no need to earn PDU for renewal. In renewal as well you need to additionally pay USD 150 or USD 200 if you take the exam a second or third time.
- Submit online CAPM application
- Confirm PMI code of ethics
- Pay the fees and receive exam link
- Complete test to pass and get recertified
You need to renew before the last date of the certification expiry. Even if it goes beyond by one day, then it is considered as a new application.
16. How many attempts do I have to pass the CAPM Certification?+
You have 3 attempts in a year to pass the exam, you need to pay to retake the exam. Retake costs $150 for the PMI members and $200 for the non-members.
17. How long does it take to receive CAPM exam results?+
You will get to know whether you have passed immediately on the computer screen after completing the exam.
18. Does PMI offer online classes for CAPM certification?+
Yes PMI offers virtual or online classes from the partner institute such as StarAgile.
19. What are SEUs and PDUs?+
SEU stands for scrum education unit’s associated with Scrum Alliance. PDU stands for Professional Development Unit associated with the Project Management Institute. They are the educational efforts made by the candidates during the year. They are recognized for the good standing of the certifications.
20. What does the registration fee include?+
The registration fee for the CAPM at the PMI website includes the examination fee for taking the CAPM examination once and then it also includes the cost of examination certificate after you have passed the exam.
21. Payment Procedure?+
The examination fee can be paid online by visiting the PMI website. The CAPM certification cost examination fees for taking the exam once is
- For the members, it is $225
- For the non-members, it is $300