1. What is CSPO Certification?+
Every aspiring individual who wants to establish a career in the business side of the project must know about Certified Scrum Product Owner certification. This is in short referred to as CSPO certification. CSPO is offered for an individual who registers for a 2-day training program with the accredited training institutes. This program is a 2-day classroom program that grooms a product owner to work in the scrum framework.
This training program effectively explains with practical sessions about how to enhance the product value by speeding up the delivery of the product features. It also educates the participants to lead scrum teams and make the customer feel glad about the end product. Thus product owner certification program trains you as the right product owner to maximize the return on investment (ROI).
2. What we will teach in Product Owner Certification?+
CSPO certification course will cover the following topics in detail
Basics of Scrum – It starts with the scrum framework basics and hence even without a Scrum certification one can apply for a certified scrum product owner course. Explains about the empirical process and scrum work culture.
- Product Owner roles – Next the course covers the scope of a PO, SM, and the team. Finally, this session will throw light on why there is no PM in projects.
- The vision of the product – Need for a product vision, qualities of vision and ways to shape them. Interlink between product roadmap and the vision.
- Estimation – Different levels of estimation, accuracy vs precision of estimate, estimate size and duration.
- Product backlog – What is it and the grooming techniques
- Prioritizing – Need for product backlog prioritization and effective ways.
- Release Managing – Goals of product release planning, velocity measurement, burn down charts and release planning strategy.
- Sprints and its importance - time-boxed sprint and team commitment.
3. Why CSPO Certification high in demand?+
There is an increase in demand for CSPO certified professionals because the effective functioning of an agile team is in the hands of an efficient product owner. CSPO training course molds the individual to a highly capable PO and approves it with a certification. CSPO professionals maximize the ROI, maximize business value and thus take the organization to the next level.
The crucial points captured by the scrum alliance are listed below that are the main reasons for the rising demand for scrum product owner certification.
- Product owner acts as an intermediate in every agile project. To be precise 38% of the product owner is responsible to restore the association with the stakeholders. This is well taught and practically trained in the CSPO course.
- 24% of the product owner helps in setting the business priorities and closely works with the end-users.
- 15% of them work with the scrum team.
- Payscale.com survey reports that a PO can earn an average salary of 2m per annum.
4. What are the career benefits in store for Product owners?+
- It becomes easy to expand career opportunities across the industry as a PO after attending the CSPO training. This program demonstrates the agile practices in the best manner.
- Scrum knowledge can be demonstrated to the best which allows every PO to move up the career ladder both in salary and position wise.
- As a PO it is easy to grasp the scrum foundation and scope of a PO
- Engaging with the agile practitioner is now easy as the course trains you to obtain the agile mindset which leads to continuous improvement.
- Scrum functionality level can be improved as a PO
- Access to many networking groups across the globe will help you stay connected with experts and identify a top-notch position in career.
5. What is the average Salary for Product Owners?+
According to the pay scale median salary for Product Owner is 14,04,798 per year.
6. What skills you will learn after CSPO Certification?+
CSPO certification course not just trains PO on handling product backlogs but teaches how one can acquire the following skills by attending the training program.
- PO Skills – To begin with, the participant can acquire PO skills by understanding the scrum concepts and the scrum flow.
- Leadership skill – Understanding the scope of the PO enables the individual to drive and motivate the team to achieve the product vision.
- Communication skill - This does not simply refer to the communication skill, but educates individuals to facilitate transparent and effective communication between the team and all stakeholders.
- Planning skills – This skill requires training to create a practical, efficient, and doable schedule that will allow the entire team to work better.
- Risk management – Mitigate risk and manage them
- Master the scrum and the agile skills to implement the methodologies and achieve the product goal.
7. Who should take this CSPO certification?+
Product Managers, Product Owners, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Managers, Stakeholders, Portfolio Managers, Chief Operations Officers, Product Management Leads, Software Development Managers, Software Developers, Software testers or people just responsible for defining product vision.
8. Prerequisites for CSPO training?+
There is no prerequisite to attend the training. The only prerequisite for the course is a pre-class reading assignment which must be completed in advance of the course.
9. Certification Process for CSPO Training?+
After completing your CSPO course, you will receive an email from Scrum Alliance that includes a link to create your login credentials, you will be asked to accept a license agreement. You will then receive the official designation of Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) from Scrum Alliance, along with a two-year membership with Scrum Alliance.
10. How many years CSPO certification is valid?+
CSPO Certification valid for 2 years and professionals should renew their certification with $100
11. What certification will I receive after completing the CSPO training?+
Upon successful completion of the training, attendees will receive official designation as Certified Scrum Product Owner by the Scrum Alliance along with a two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance.
12. Is there any exam for CSPO Certification?+
There is no exam for CSPO Certification, participants will receive CSPO Certification after attending 2 days CSPO workshop conducted by Certified Scrum Trainer
13. Can someone take CSPO certification without training?+
No, 2 days classroom training is mandate in order to get CSPO certification from ScrumAlliance
14. What are the benefits of the 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance?+
Joining a user group, Sharing your experience with the Scrum Alliance community by contributing an article to our website, Attending Scrum Alliance Gatherings, Participating in the CSPO LinkedIn Group.
15. What next after CSPO certification?+
After CSPO, best choice would be either PMI-ACP or SAFe Agilist certification from Scaled Agile.
16. What is 100% Money Back Guarantee?+
- StarAgile has trained more than 10,000+ professionals and we have 100% passing track record
- In case any professional not able to get certification, we will offer 100% refund absolutely within 7 working days without single question
17. How should I renew my CSPO Certification?+
- Log on to your certification account
- Click on ‘certification dashboard’ from settings.
- Scroll to the “Actions” window and click the renewal link to pay your renewal fee.
18. How long does it take to receive CSPO Certification result?+
After completing 2 days training, participants will receive official designation as Certified Scrum Product Owner from ScrumAlliance on the second day of the training. We have trained 10,000+ professionals and have 100% success rate
19. Does Scrum Alliance offer and online classes for CSPO certification?+
No, there is no online classes for CSPO. Scrum Alliance believes that understanding Scrum requires a greater level of personal interaction than can be delivered in a virtual environment.
20. What is SEUs and PDUs?+
Professional Development Units (PDUs) is the term used for continuing education credit by the Project Management Institute (PMI) to renew PMI certifications. Scrum Education Units (SEUs) is the term used for continuing education units by the Scrum Alliance to earn the CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) certification.
21. What does registration fee include?+
Hard copy of the course, Scrum Product Owner Certification, 2-years membership in Scrum Alliance, lunch on both days.
22. Payment Procedure?+
Payment can be made via Credit card, Debit card, Net banking and wallets.