You might have heard many times that we need to add value in any process and adding value in each stage is important to make the products or services meet the customer requirements. From the raw material, we make the processes to add value and eliminate the non-value-add process to minimize the waste and to make a substantial profit.
So what is value? Value is anything that brings in addition to features, the enhancement of functionality, and the inclusion of assets to make the raw material a finished good that meet the requirements or specifications of the customer.
How do we add value? We make use of people, processes, raw materials, and technology to add value.
We must deliver value to the end-users. What type of value adds do we provide to the customers? This depends on the business we are in. For example, we have added a new feature or make a new product or do enhance the stability of the end product or add additional resources in new regions or fixing the bugs or leverage new areas of business continuity and disaster recovery in case of emergency, etc.
DevOps may do all this and more by delivering value-added codes. You can master DevOps culture by undergoing the best DevOps training at StarAgile institute.
As employees, colleagues, and peers DevOps deliver value by providing the right tool for the job, make the right processes for the right work, etc. People need not do 20 different tasks or work during their weekend to produce value-added targets.
As a developer, you need not write code and have difficulty in merging the codes into ones. You want to get feedback quickly on the feature like were there bugs or error in the code, and again DevOps is there to help you with this.
As a tester, you want all the code to get checked for compilation, run, and pass all the tests that you have made for testing the code. You do not want the test to be on hold for a small typo or configuration errors, rather you want the tests to do the regression analysis and deliver the results of passing the code.
As operations people, you want to make sure that the release of the codes takes place smoothly. You forget the fear of doing the work on a Friday or over the weekend. You also want to do the release every day and in hours instead of doing it in weeks. All this is provided by the DevOps to ensure that operations guys automate all the tasks and remain contented and enjoy his work
For the company as a whole you know that DevOps is scalable you do the push button and automated deployments with traceability that monitoring and feedback loop provide you the clear picture of the state of your products and how they are being used at the customer end.
To add value to your career and know more attend DevOps online course at StarAgile institute.
DevOps offers a lot of value addition to different stakeholders and the organization as a whole can benefit from making the cultural shits that DevOps provides. It takes a lot of effort, skills, and knowledge to leverage DevOps, you simply cannot buy DevOps, and it has to be nurtured. With this detailed introduction to DevOps business value, you can move forward to understand the core values.
What are DevOps core values?
The DevOps core values are the DevOps pipeline and DevOps life cycle management that provides the cultural shift in the way the project work takes place. Automation is the key value that DevOps provides. Apart from that value is realized in benefits that DevOps provides such as faster delivery, service resilience, and automation of all the tasks, Infrastructure-as-a-code (IAAC), and continuous delivery.
The 4 fundamental core values in DevOps are Automation, Sharing, Culture, and Measurement. Each is derived if the DevOps is implemented properly in the organization. Let’s talk in detail about each of the core business values of DevOps.
1. Automation - Automation is synonymous with DevOps and if you read the DevOps article then you would know that automation is there in each of the phases of the DevOps life cycle management.
2. Sharing - This comes from the collaboration, communication, and integration of the DevOps team in producing value-added products. DevOps professionals are responsible and accountable for each action that they take to work with DevOps culture.
3. Culture - You might have read that DevOps is a culture and by this, it means that it is not something like steps or skill set or processes, it is the customs or art of the group of people to produce the benefits which cannot be realized using the traditional methods.
4. Measurement - Measurement is the key in DevOps life cycle management and the DevOps pipeline. You need to add value that can be measured and can be analyzed using the key metrics of business management.
Apart from the core values of the DevOps, you need to remember the 5 levels of DevOps practices they are as follows, Principles, Practices, Tools, and Values. These are the 5 pillars of DevOps.
The benefits of DevOps are worth mentioning here
- Faster delivery to market and increase the rate of software delivery
- Lower the cost of delivery
- Minimize the number of iterations in the DevOps life cycle.
- Maintain the business focus by automating the infrastructure
- No bugs or fewer bugs
- Higher software efficiency and quality.
Tips to achieve DevOps values
1. How to enhance Product delivery
The product delivery can be enhanced by making use of the DevOps pipeline and DevOps life cycle management. To learn more register for an online DevOps course with StarAgile institute.
The key areas to make the delivery pipelines are as follows,
a) Architecting your delivery pipelines by using the following ways,
- Select the best tools
- Have a product owner
- Use standard technologies and integration patterns
- Using the model-based integration
b) Architecting the product value streams by using the following ways,
- Make the work and flow visible
- Organize the teams around the values streams
- Measure the lead times to improve it further
- Make speed and flow of delivery a culture
- Make continuous improvement
c) Mitigating the wait times by following ways,
- By providing the self-service and automated capabilities
- Eliminating the lead times and wait times in the processes
- Get the code from codebases and ensure the integrity of the code
2. The right way to make changes in the product to satisfy customer
The change management plan is DevOps can be crafted in the following ways,
Ask this question first. Is the change at this point necessary?
- Define the scope for the changes in the DevOps cycle
- Ask the question what are the benefits of this change?
- Evaluate the cost and time factor of the change required.
- Communicate the change to all the parties as required
Customer satisfaction is core to DevOps you can learn more by DevOps training online at StarAgile institute.
3. Is it possible to recover after a failure
The straight answer is yes, by adopting DevOps you fail quickly and recover faster as you can find out the errors and bugs in the first iteration itself. This is one of the core competencies of the DevOps. You need not wait for the bugs or issues or errors to occur but find them out in each phase of the DevOps life cycle and correcting and orienting the project correctly to meet the objectives, goals, and requirements of the customer. This is how DevOps has service resilience and faster delivery to the customer. The quality of the output from each phase and each fewer iterations are enough to detect the failures in DevOps and to recover from them faster and quickly.
4. Do this to receive payment for service and retain your customer
- By adopting the key metrics for the DevOps
- By deciding and prioritizing between the speed and quality
- By scaling DevOps with agile frameworks
- Combining the operations and development by removing the separate operations team
- To scale DevOps it is essential to have executive buy-in
DevOps culture helps the staff to stay motivated in their pursuit of various goals and objectives of the project. DevOps practices have influenced and added value to various industries such as health care, travel, insurance, eCommerce, and financial industries.
If you want to explore and know more about DevOps and if you are serious about learning DevOps register for the best DevOps training online with StarAgile institute. Keep adding value to your career!!!