Software development is becoming increasingly complex and large; to manage it we need a new culture that is where the DevOps culture comes into the picture. DevOps is a culture that combines operations and development. The shortcomings of traditional software development have been corrected in DevOps. DevOps architecture consists of a plan, code, build, test, release, deploy, operate, and monitor. Take up DevOps Learning at StarAgile and build a great career.
This architecture encompasses DevOps life cycle management. The DevOps pipeline consists of continuous development, configuration management, continuous integration, testing, deployment, operations, and monitoring. This pipeline is also called as CI/CD pipeline in DevOps. CI stands for continuous integration and CD stands for continuous delivery. CD is also used interchangeably as continuous deployment.
Learn more about the DevOps architecture with DevOps Certification Training at StarAgile.
Have you ever gone through any software project? What are the difficulties in it? Let us list out the difficulties and issues in traditional software development.
· All the teams working in silos
· The rate at which software is made is slow
· Mostly manual work
· Very iterative
· Errors, issues, and bugs in the SDLC
· Costly affair
· Deployment issues
· Platform dependent
· Operations mainly spend on updates and fixes that are tiresome
· A lot of human errors
· A lot of efforts in too many iterative cycles etc
1. DevOps with Agile methods - The traditional approach of software development works with a waterfall model where the work takes place sequentially which is after one phase is completed and the next phase starts till it goes to the base of the method. However, when there are large and complex development projects it had a lot of drawbacks. There may be multiple developers working for the same software, and how we ensure that the integration takes place smoothly, in the waterfall model is the biggest drawback. Also, the bugs and errors are found only at the end of the sequence, and by that time it will be too late to correct them. There is another major bottleneck that the operation team identifies the issues concerning the platforms and infrastructure at the end making the code repeat the cycle. Learn DevOps with real-time examples with the DevOps Online Course at StarAgile institute.
These drawbacks were removed in DevOps as the smaller increment of code is frequently built, tested, released, and deployed in production. Also, all the team members were able to work simultaneously. The next key is the automation of all the phases that were done in DevOps which was not possible in traditional software development. The most important things in DevOps were the feedback mechanism, great teamwork, transparent communication, and collaboration.
2. Hiring the right people - The DevOps job market is booming and there are a lot of DevOps in the market as the market is upbeat about adopting the DevOps culture. Organizations are adopting DevOps for all software development in a big way. There are some jobs one must hire at the right time for the right positions.
Some of the positions that one must look for to adopt DevOps architecture for the software releases are as follows,
· Specialist in Automation
· Database Engineer
· DevOps Architect
· Integration Specialist
· Project Manager
· QA Tester
· Release Manager
· Software Developer
The organization must ensure that the most suitable DevOps roles are filled or hired first based on the criticality.
To know more about DevOps concepts take up DevOps Training Online at StarAgile institute. Let us discuss the DevOps architecture,
Plan – In this phase, we plan about how we break the complex and large requirements into users stories, how we complete the user stories into epics and tasks, how it has been allocated, the to-do list, sprints, sprint backlog, work is done, and planning for the definition of “done”. The planning phase provides the necessary work details for the later phases.
Code – Here in this phase the source code and code review are developed. Many developers can work in multiple ways simultaneously and can be committed. This helps integrate code with the updates.
Build – This phase is to compile the source code with the libraries, class, and functions to get the executables. This is done to automatically compile the code
Test – This phase is very important to find the errors, bugs, and issues and automate the process of testing. Automated testing helps to release the code, build, and test multiple times hourly and on daily basis. This forms the continuous integration pipeline. This helps in finding the issues in the production beforehand so that when the software is hosted in the production there are no issues.
Release – This phase releases the compiled and tested code in the version control repository. If there are any issues the feedback is sent to the developers. All these phases happen very frequently and thus you get a new release of the code on an hourly or daily basis.
Deploy – If the release goes well, the released software is then deployed in the production. This ensures that the new software is available for user testing and feedback. The task is automated to ensure that there are no manual methods of deploying.
Operate – The production environment is the place where the final software is hosted. As in DevOps, the smaller and new software is hosted in the production very frequently there are no issues with the operations of the code. If there is the feedback is sent to the developers and testing teams. Here the automated testing teams place a great role in ensuring that the final software does not have any operations issues.
Monitor – The software once in production is tested for performance and measuring the health and operations of the software. The monitoring team sends the feedback directly to the different teams such as testing and development.
The advantages of DevOps are as follows,
· Increased productive and faster releases
· Good communication and collaboration
· Great customer satisfaction
· Reduction in cost
· Frequent releases
· Efficient processes
· Automation in all the phases
· Fewer errors, issues, and bugs
· Great teamwork
· All the team members working simultaneously.
We have seen how DevOps architecture works, the best practices, and its benefits. StarAgile conducts DevOps Training and Certification which is an online training that can be taken in the comforts of home and office. To explore further and learn DevOps concepts, cultures, and architecture, take up DevOps Online Training at StarAgile. StarAgile has excellent trainers who have 20+ years of industrial experience. StarAgile already has trained approximately 10,000 professionals in DevOps.
|DevOps Certification Training||04 Feb-05 Mar 2023,|
|United States||View Details|
|DevOps Certification Training||04 Feb-05 Mar 2023,|
|New York||View Details|
|DevOps Certification Training||11 Feb-12 Mar 2023,|
|DevOps Certification Training||18 Feb-19 Feb 2023,|
>4.5 ratings in Google