1. What is Scrum Alliance CSM?+
One can become a certified scrum master by attending a 2-day training program and giving an online examination. This certification is offered by scrumalliance.org. Scrum Alliance organization was established in 2001 with the purpose of supporting scrum and agile practitioners. It is a nonprofit organization and has certified more than 75 million people across the globe.
2. Why Scrum alliance CSM certification high in demand?+
The scrum alliance certified scrum master is a high valued certification because it provides more visibility to individuals. It also helps the individual to perform well in the organization and implement agile methodology effectively. This leads to good business and thus salary increases for certified professionals.
3. Career benefits by doing Scrum Alliance CSM Certification?+
First, you can expand your job horizon and will have better scope for employment. Next, there will be a steep increase in your salary post completing scrum alliance CSM certification. Obtaining the certification confirms your knowledge of the Scrum framework and offers recognition as a scrum master. Further, you get a chance to interact with industry experts and hence achieve greater visibility.
4. What is the Average Salary for Scrum Masters?+
According to salary.com the average scrum master salary is USD 91K and falls within the range of 79K and 106K. This cap fits in people based on their education and experience in agile projects. However, only those who have obtained scrum alliance CSM certification can think about falling into this range. Having given the international market, salary in India also is proportionate for scrum masters.
5. What skills you will learn after Scrum alliance CSM Certification?+
Upon completing the training, certainly, you will pass the test and get certified. Apart from that know what the skills you will earn after attending the Scrum alliance CSM Training.
- You can quickly grasp agile methodologies and discuss the Scrum framework
- It will be easy to explain Scrum lifecycle.
- Understanding Scrum terminologies and the applications associated with it becomes natural.
- Different scrum roles can be interpreted and you can describe distributed scrum.
6. Who should take this Certification?+
Most of you will have this doubt in mind whether you can become a scrum alliance certified scrum master. Yes, anyone with basic experience in the software development lifecycle can take this course. To be more precise, developers, product owners, testing engineers, scrum masters, and project managers can apply for this course to take their scrum team to the next level.
7. Prerequisites for Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification?+
Honestly speaking, to attend Scrum alliance CSM Training there is no prerequisite. However, it is good to have at least a couple of years of experience working in IT projects. This will provide an understanding of the project lifecycle. Also, an introduction about agile projects will help differentiate traditional software development methods and iterative process.
8. Certification Process for Scrum Alliance CSM Training?+
- Identify the right training institute and register for a 2-day classroom training.
- Attend the training provided by a scrum alliance certified scrum trainer which offers you with practical sessions and helps you implement scrum.
- After the training, you will get the login details from the scrum alliance to attend the online test. This will contain 50 questions and all are objective type. If you score 37 and above in this one-hour examination you will become a scrum alliance certified scrum master.
- Now, you are a member of the scrum alliance community and should renew the certificate once in 2 years.
9. Exam Pattern for Scrum Master Certification?+
It is an online multiple-choice question computer-based examination with 50 questions. You have to complete it in one hour and score a minimum of 37 for successfully becoming a scrum alliance csm. There are 4 sets of question paper and hence the question order varies for each exam taker.
10. How many years Scrum Alliance CSM certification is valid?+
It is valid for 2 years and then renewal is required to be done by making a payment of USD 100 to extend the validity for another 2 years.
11. Is 2 days training is enough to take up CSM certification?+
Yes, the training is an exhaustive program designed to teach end to end scrum implementation. It is classroom training with several role-based activities helping the participant to master scrum terminologies.
12. What certification will I receive after completing the Scrum Alliance CSM?+
After completing the Scrum Alliance CSM training you will receive a Scrum master certification from scrumalliance.org.
13. Is Scrum Alliance CSM fee included in the course fee?+
The course fee includes scrum alliance CSM fee, certification cost, training cost, training materials, and lunch for 2-days during the training.
14. Can someone take CSM certification/exam without training?+
Scrum Alliance has made it mandatory to attend 2-day classroom training offered by a scrum alliance certified CSM trainer. Also, only the authorized training institute can apply for the login credentials from scrumalliance.org. Therefore it is a must to attend the training to appear for the examination.
15. What are the benefits of the 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance?+
Becoming a member of a scrum alliance will allow you to interact with experts. This community interaction will provide a lot of guidance and shaping the career in agile projects become easy.
16. What next after Scrum Alliance CSM certification?+
Soon after you get scrum alliance CSM certification, you will get a better job, right job role, and good salary. You will now get a better scope to prove your skills and thus gain experience. Later you can think about advancing your skills by applying for advanced CSM, or CSPO. Even you can now go for a SAFe agilist training to migrate to lean-agile transformation at the enterprise level.
17. How should I renew my Scrum Alliance CSM Certification?+
When you pay Scrum alliance CSM Training fees you get the login details to log in to scrumalliance.org after the training. Using this login you can renew your Scrum Alliance CSM Certification online by making the renewal fee of USD 100.
- Use this link and reach to your login page
- Click Hello followed by your name on the right side top corner Choose “My dashboard”
- Enter the Scrum Education Units by selecting “Manage SEUs”
- Then go back to My dashboard and click the Action tab to renew certification
- Select CSM and confirm renewal after making payment
18. How many attempts do I have to pass the Scrum alliance CSM Certification?+
You will answer 50 questions and pass with a 74% score. In case you score less than this, then you can try again twice within 90 days. However, if you fail to clear, then you need to pay USD 25 for third and subsequent attempts.
But, remember that you cannot attend the test again if you have scored 74% even if you want to improve your score.
19. How long does it take to receive CSM exam results?+
After completing the exam and you have given a minimum of 37 correct answers, and then you will pass and download the scrum alliance CSM certification immediately from the scrum alliance site. Later, you need to take time and fill all your details and complete the membership page to collect your certification via mail.